The company was founded in 1904 as Mensch & Pick by Albert Mensch and Emil Pick at Alte Poststr. 12.
In 1924, the company name was changed to Albert Mensch and the company was run only by Albert Mensch.
Since January 1st 1930, the company is called "Albert Mensch Söhne" due to the entry of the sons Otto, Willi and Walter, who took over the management in 1945.
After the renaming in 1930, the company expanded.
During this phase, mainly synthetic corundum and spinel were produced in all colours; in addition, real stones were cut in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
In 1949, after the war, the first contacts with customers on international markets were cultivated. This led to extensive adjustments and restructuring in the company.
In 1959, due to the large number of orders, a new production facility was built in the immediate vicinity of the old factory building. The contacts were deepened on a national and international level, especially to companies in the USA with whom we still maintain very good connections today. They appreciate above all the unrestricted reliability, precision and quality.
In 1974, the management of the company was transferred to the sons Hubert and Manfred.
The consistent and successful expansion policy of the past was continued, which led to the construction of a new factory building in Tiefensteinerstr. 242b in 1977. The company was converted into a GmbH at this time.
Since August 1st 2001, the successors Susanne and Andreas Mensch have been the managing directors. Today, the company has 7 employees.